ENVIRONMENT: A reputable retail group is looking for a meticulous and ambitious Junior Application Test Analyst / Programmer Analyst III whose primary role will be to manage, monitor, plan and organize application testing according to a test strategy, main test plan and quality standards. The ideal candidate should be ISTQB certified, have at least 2 years of experience in testing and developing mobile applications, iOS, Android, Quality Center, Jira, Agile, DevOps, Scrum, experience in test script development automation, test analysis, understanding of automation, mobile automation, SoapUI and experience in fault management [URL Removed] and contribute to business line initiatives and operating plans
- Understand the project and test requirements.
- Attend meetings regularly, as required by the project.
- Understand the basics of testing and how to build, design and plan test cases, scenarios and scripts within various test levels and test types.
- Review and / or develop the test requirements traceability matrix.
- Analyze and monitor new and modified requirements.
- Schedule / estimate test work for new requirements.
Apply effective problem solving
- Liaise with the team to achieve resolution of identified issues.
- Report any problems or issues to the test lead for action.
- Prepare and communicate the main test plan.
- Take responsibility for the testing activities assigned to you.
- Work closely with the Test Manager to ensure all testing processes and procedures are performed in accordance with quality assurance standards.
Ensuring operational efficiency
- Run test case execution including smoke and mental health tests.
- Update test results (provide evidence).
- Record the faults in the tracking tool.
- Re-test the fixes and associated features.
Monitor and maintain processes and procedures
- Prepare the test setup and data.
- Prepare / update test case documentation according to agreed procedures and standards.
- Test mobile devices to make sure their setup, functionality, and capabilities are working efficiently.
- Work with product owners and development teams to test and optimize mobile products.
- Develop automated test scripts and frameworks to improve the performance of mobile applications.
- Work with a variety of databases and coding programs, such as Objective-C, Java, HTML, as well as XML and JSON feeds.
- Update operating systems, especially iOS and Android.
- Produce clear and concise test reports and communicate notes to your colleagues when needed.
- Provide feedback to development teams on technical, troubleshooting or operational issues.
- Help in configuring test environments.
- Suggest new processes and policies to improve mobile development techniques.
- ISTQB certified.
- At least 2 years of experience in testing and developing mobile applications.
- Working knowledge of mobile operating systems such as iOS and Android.
- Experience in developing automated test scripts.
- Experience in online and digital space (web, mobile and app).
- Micro Focus ALM product experience Use of the quality center.
- Understanding of microservices.
- Understanding of Automation, Mobile Automation, SoapUI.
- Experience in test analysis.
- Understanding of modern development methodologies, Agile, DevOps, Scrum.
- Experience in the life cycle of fault management.
- Jira knowledge essential.
- Displays an innate willingness to learn and keep abreast of current methodologies and technologies.
- Identifies the information needed to resolve a problem.
- Prioritizes with an appropriate sense of what is most important for effective delivery.
- Participate in planning sessions that affect own team.
- Prepare basic presentations that are logically structured.
- Works well with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Responds to change with an appropriate sense of commitment and enthusiasm.
- Actively engages in change to better understand the effects on own role.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. AloneCitizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.