|Employment Policy:||Employment equity position|
Our Cape Town office is looking for a dedicated and passionate individual.digital project manager to organize and oversee all work performed by our growing development department. Are you passionate about delivering quality software and web solutions? So apply now to put your skills to use for some of the biggest brands in the country!
The nature of our work:
Our developers regularly work on exciting (and creative) client projects, proactive innovation projects, but also use their free time to make the agency a more efficient place to work.
We also have a small team responsible for creating and deploying creative email templates across multiple platforms.
We are often responsible for the maintenance of client sites, which includes regular updates of the CMS by our content team, but also the backend infrastructure, including services on AWS.
The nature of our technology:
- Adobe Experience Manager CMS
- Amazon Web Services
- JIRA project management
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft TeamsIn-house cloud-based services
We are looking for a passionate, innovative and detail-oriented digital project manager to join our development team. Your role will include your day-to-day activities such as project plans, costs, timelines, but also heroic feats of business process improvement and/or optimization. It goes without saying that you will have a natural flair for juggling priorities, solving problems and dealing with customers, stakeholders and/or suppliers.
The most outstanding candidates will have an excellent technical background, strong interpersonal skills, effective time management and will be able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Manage the delivery of several simultaneous digital projects.
- Management and management of projects from conception to completion.
- Liaise with relevant teams, clients and managers for the duration of the project and beyond.
- Define project scope documents (functional specifications) and encapsulate requirements for the development team.
- Writing and reviewing briefs for the development team.
- Gather ongoing customer feedback into tasks and plans.
- Make sure all jobs have tasks added as per requirements.
- Make sure all resources have been assigned and reserved.
- Ensure that all tasks are accompanied by a full explanatory briefing.
- Create and maintain timelines and ensure milestones are met.
- Maintain use of various project management tools and work with client ticketing tools and systems.
- Plan and perform testing for product and website releases.
- Oversee deployments and deployment checklists, including benchmarking and tracking requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation and user manuals for tasks performed by both the digital team and key stakeholders.
eCRM project management:
- Oversee the creation and delivery of direct customer communications with an internal specialist.
- This would include managing and collaborating with third-party vendors for email, SMS, WhatsApp, etc.
- Ensure communications move from concept to finished product in the shortest possible time.
- Ensure that data hygiene is up to date and that all POPIA requirements are followed when handling data.
Customer and supplier management:
- Manage the relationship with the client and its IT service unit.
- Attend and contribute to client meetings and presentations as required.
- Ability to network and build relationships internally and externally, ideally building good relationships with clients and other internal and third-party professionals.
- Ensure all digital asset requirements are met, working with the digital design department.
- Support and manage all customer fast turnaround requests and ensure expectations are met.
- Setting up and participating in client status, client presentation, client troubleshooting sessions.
- Liaise daily with client and internal agency team on project updates and opportunities.
Agency and finance management:
- Ensure CEs are prepared and invoiced in conjunction with finance.
- Ensure that all finance queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintain a list of freelancers and manage any overflow work.
- Monitor existing processes and make recommendations to improve current processes that impact deliverables.
- Keep abreast of innovations and/or developments in digital marketing that could be applied to team and/or client projects.
- Regularly share the work carried out by the department with potential clients, existing clients and/or internal teams to encourage exposure of the efforts and skills of the teams.
- Reporting and updating internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend and contribute to internal milestone meetings with Account Managers, Designers and other stakeholders.
Required Skills :
- A relevant qualification in communication, digital marketing or, preferably, project management.
- At least five years of project management experience for a digital development specific team, agency or division.
- Experience in agile methodology and one or more development planning tools (Workbook, JIRA, Trello, Asana or other)
- Understanding of HTML code, coding workflows, delivery methodologies and related tools like Github
- Understanding of digital design principles and tools (such as Figma or similar)
- Professional experience required in the management and maintenance of websites or in a digital related online field.
- Experience in digital marketing activities and email marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of the digital ecosystem and digital platforms outside of the website (Whatsapp, social platforms, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills, especially with regards to team and time management.
- Excellent communication skills as you will be explaining complex development issues to people who have limited basic technical understanding.
- A love for problem solving and lateral thinking.
- Confident and professional team player who must be able to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while maintaining communication and attention to detail.
Interested candidates should submit a concise CV and salary expectations through our HR platform. Only selected candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within three weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. We remain committed to the principles of employment equity.
Posted Jul 01 09:18, Closing date Jul 30