ENVIRONMENT: Be responsible for user needs analysis, technical design, development, maintenance and support of systems / applications as the next programmer analyst that I have sought out by a retail group in full growth for its retail computer systems division. The ideal candidate should have a 3-year computer science degree, 5 years of programming experience, have experience with specific SDLC analysis and development skills, Agile & DevOps project management methodology, TFS, API Web Services , Strong SQL, Web Services, XML, T-SQL and Azure, be able to create and query SSIS and SSRS reports and a basic understanding of retail operations including in-store operations and working with big data [URL Removed] technical design and development aligned with processes and team requirements
- Develop technical specifications from system specifications.
- Design and code programs of greater complexity and size based on technical specifications.
Maintain and support existing systems
- Interpret complex user requirements and translate them into systems design.
- Investigate and solve complex system problems.
- Ensure systems documentation is kept up to date.
Ensure efficient operations –
- Implement approved changes in accordance with the change control and security process.
- Plan, organize and monitor own work efforts, including regular feedback on progress in own and other relevant areas.
Ensure effective people management –
- Help manage the work efforts of Programmer Analysts II and III and contribute to the IPM.
Experience / skills
- 5 years of programming experience.
- Specific skills in SDLC analysis and development.
- Project management methodology, (Agile & DevOps).
- Relevant knowledge of the context of business processes.
- General understanding of Internet technologies and understanding of Web API services.
- Experience in relational database design.
- Ability to create and query SSIS and SSRS reports.
- Strong SQL, Web Services, XML, T-SQL and Azure skills.
- Strong documentation skills and a keen eye for detail.
- A basic understanding of batch processes and their planning.
- A basic understanding of retail operations including store operations and working with large data sets.
- Possibility of carrying out a watch.
- Understanding of the database and a database language.
- Experience working on projects or large continuous improvement initiatives.
- Exposure to DevOps working methods and tools (Azure, TFS).
- Experience working in an Agile environment with peers and business counterparts.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills.
- Ability to represent the region and carry out work proactively.
- A motivated team player who can bring future and innovative solutions to a dynamic technical landscape.
- Ability to research concepts, trends and best practices related to technology and apply the results.
- Look beyond the symptoms to discover the root causes of the issues to be addressed.
- Synthesizes data from different sources to identify trends.
- Presents an analysis of the problem and a recommended solution rather than simply identifying and describing the problem itself.
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in the planning and implementation of activities / projects /
- Anticipates potential obstacles and their impact on the achievement of objectives and deadlines and proposes / takes corrective actions if necessary.
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure achievement of all planned commitments and keeps appropriate people informed.
- Listen carefully and check that the message received is understood.
- Prepares clear, well-structured presentations using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Manages existing partnerships within the framework of established agreements or contracts; negotiates adjustments when it is mutually beneficial.
- Discuss issues and exchange information with partners to identify areas of mutual interest and benefit.
- Convince others by identifying the benefits for all; looks for ways to increase the value of the partnership for all parties.
- Genuinely cultivates personal connections with colleagues to improve performance across the organization.
- Adapts to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Actively seeks out the positive effects of change and explores ways in which the change can be used.
- Demonstrates ingenuity in acquiring the knowledge, skills and competences necessary to adapt to change.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. AloneCitizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.